The Building Division is responsible for enforcing the building, housing, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical codes of the City (including addresses that are in Greenbrae that are in the City of Larkspur. See forms and applications page for a lists of "Streets In Larkspur") and:
- Reviews all construction plans for compliance with State and Larkspur building codes
- Issues building, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical, permits.
- Performs inspection and conduct code enforcement
- Conducts resale inspections and issues resale reports in conjunction with Central Marin Fire Department.
*NEW* Online Permit Applications
The City is now accepting building, public works and planning permits online through eTRAKiT, Building permit applicants should use the "Permits" module to apply, upload plans, pay for permits. Registered contractors may schedule inspections under "Inspections."
12/13/22 update: We appreciate your patience as we transition to the online permit system. We are working on issues with contractor registration and credit card payments. Online payments will be enabled as soon as possible. If you have any other issues with the system, please let us know! email@example.com
12/23-1/2 Winter Holidays
Wireless Applications Not Accepted During Closure. Because of the holiday closure, in order to comply with the City's obligation to timely process wireless applications under the State and federal 'Shot Clock' rules, wireless siting applications will be received during normal submittal days and hours as published by the City up to the end of the business day on December 16, 2022. This date allows the City to timely conduct its initial wireless application reviews prior to the end-of-year holiday closures and properly account for diminished staffing levels during the holidays.
Building Division services are conducted primarily via email or phone. The most efficient way to contact Building Staff is by emailing Building@cityoflarkspur.org Please include address in subject line and/or body of the email.
- Due to limited staff resources we are not issuing simple permits "over-the-counter" or conducting in-person plan review at this time.
- Permits are now applied for and paid for online in eTRAKiT
- Check payments and small envelopes can be mailed to City Hall or dropped off in the secured box on the wall to the right of the front door of City Hall.
Inspections and Building Inspector Office Hours
The Building Inspector is available at the Building Department counter Mondays and Wednesdays between 9 am and 10 am.
- Inspections can be scheduled Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to noon online by those registered in eTRAKiT. For a limited time you may still call (415) 927-5033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule inspections.
- Code questions can be asked by calling (415) 927-5033 or emailing email@example.com
Applicable Construction Codes
2019 California Building, Residential, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Energy, and Fire codes. Applications will be accepted under these codes until 12:00 p.m. Monday, December 19, 2022.
The 2022 California Building, Residential, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Energy, and Fire codes will be considered for adoption at City Council meetings in November and December 2022.
Certified Access Specialist
The City of Larkspur utilizes a Certified Access Specialist (CASp) for disability access and American's with Disabilities Act (ADA) code inquiries. Please contact Daryl Phillips at Phillips Seabrook Associates at (707) 544-9500, Daryl@PhillipsSeabrook.com for more information.