Larkspur Past and Present
Larkspur Past and Present, the book for everyone who loves Larkspur, boasts:
• 384 pages of Larkspur history and lore
• Over 600 photographs, many new to this 2010 edition
• Clear maps for walking explorations
• Fascinating stories that reveal unexpected facets of life in Larkspur
• A treasure trove of Larkspur’s architectural gems
• Visits to neighborhoods not included in previous editions
Larkspur Past and Present is filled with surprising facts about the city and its colorful residents! For example:
• One of California's earliest ten-pin bowling alleys operated during the early 1850s in Larkspur's Baltimore Canyon.
• Larkspur’s City Hall was built in just five months at a cost of $15,110.50.
• Leon Uris wrote his acclaimed first novel, Battle Cry, in Larkspur.
• Janis Joplin and other early pop music icons made their homes in Larkspur.