The Building Division is responsible for enforcing Larkspur's building, housing, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical codes, including those Greenbrae addresses linked here Responsibilities Responsibilities Responsibilities, and:
- Reviews all construction plans for compliance with State and Larkspur building codes,
- Issues building, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical, permits,
- Performs inspection and conduct code enforcement,
- Conducts resale inspections and issues resale reports in conjunction with Central Marin Fire Department.
Online Permit Applications
The City accepts all Building, Public Works, Fire, and Planning permits online at eTRAKiT.
Building permit applicants should use the "Permits" module to apply, upload plans, and pay for permits.
Building Department Counter Hours
- Public counter hours are Mondays and Wednesdays between 9am and Noon.
- Technical Building Code questions can be asked by leaving a message at (415) 927-5033 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicable Construction Codes
2022 California Building, Residential, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Energy, and Fire code as amended by the City of Larkspur Municipal Code.
Building Permit Records
Final building permits and other property records are available to research and view online at www.cityoflarkspur.org/records.
Certified Access Specialist
The City of Larkspur utilizes a Certified Access Specialist (CASp) to address disability access and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) code inquiries. Please contact us at (415) 927-5038, or by emailing email@example.com llipsseabrook.com for more information.