The Building Division is responsible for enforcing the building, housing, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical codes of the City (including addresses that are in Greenbrae that are in the City of Larkspur. See forms and applications page for a lists of "Streets In Larkspur") and:
- Reviews all construction plans for compliance with State and Larkspur building codes
- Issues building, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical, permits.
- Performs inspection and conduct code enforcement
- Conducts resale inspections and issues resale reports in conjunction with Central Marin Fire Department.
Online Permit Applications
The City is now accepting building, public works and planning permits online through eTRAKiT, Building permit applicants should use the "Permits" module to apply, upload plans, pay for permits. Registered contractors may schedule inspections under "Inspections."
**Contractors login may not work until you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to "activate" your account. We have alerted eTrakit of this issue.**
Building Division services are conducted primarily via email or phone. The most efficient way to contact Building Staff is by emailing Building@cityoflarkspur.org Please include address in subject line and/or body of the email.
- Due to limited staff resources we are not issuing simple permits "over-the-counter" or conducting in-person plan review at this time.
- Permits are now applied for and paid for online in eTRAKiT
- Check payments and small envelopes can be mailed to City Hall or dropped off in the secured box on the wall to the right of the front door of City Hall.
Inspections and Building Inspector Office Hours
The Building Inspector is available at the Building Department counter Mondays and Wednesdays between 9 am and 10 am.
- Inspections can be scheduled Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to noon online by those registered in eTRAKiT. For a limited time you may still call (415) 927-5033 or email email@example.com to schedule inspections.
- Code questions can be asked by calling (415) 927-5033 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicable Construction Codes
2022 California Building, Residential, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Energy, and Fire code
Building Permit Records
Final building permits and other property records are available to research and view online at www.cityoflarkspur.org/records.
Certified Access Specialist
The City of Larkspur utilizes a Certified Access Specialist (CASp) for disability access and American's with Disabilities Act (ADA) code inquiries. Please contact Daryl Phillips at Phillips Seabrook Associates at (707) 544-9500, Daryl@PhillipsSeabrook.com for more information.