Housing Element Update
Larkspur’s 6th Cycle Housing Element Update is underway.
We encourage all those who live and work in Larkspur to visit our dedicated Housing Element website, www.livinginlarkspur.com, to learn more about the process, share your ideas, and find more ways to get involved. Throughout the year-long process of developing Larkspur’s 6th Cycle Housing Element Update, the Living in Larkspur website will act as a streamlined source of key details, documents, and public engagement tools. Once you click the link, scroll down the webpage and click on the various ways to participate and learn more. These links are also provided below.
What is a Housing Element?
The Housing Element is part of the City’s General Plan. The Housing Element is a state-mandated policy document updated every eight years that identifies where and how Larkspur will accommodate existing and projected future housing needs for people of all income groups.
Why does my Participation Matter? How can I Participate Today?
Your input can help ensure that Larkspur plans for future housing needs in a way that cares for you neighbors and your community.
- Learn more about the basics of the Housing Element or dive deep into the details
- Review our Frequently Asked Questions about the Housing Element Update process
- Let us know how prepared you feel to engage in this process
- Tell us your story of why you chose to live in Larkspur on our Community Forum
- Use the Drag and Drop a Pin tool to show us where in Larkspur you’d like to see more housing
- Fill out our Property Owner Interest Form if you’d like to explore the possibility of adding new housing units on your property