Heritage Preservation Board
- Meetings are held quarterly throughout the year and on an as-needed basis to facilitate review of discretionary permit applications that affect a listed historic resource. To request a notification when a Heritage Preservation Board meeting has been scheduled, click on the "Notify Me" icon on the home page.
- You may also review past and current agendas by selecting "Agendas, Minutes and Public Notices" under "Quick Links" on the home page.
- Meetings begin at 7:00 p.m. and are held in the City Council Chambers
Agendas & Minutes
|Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View All
|Minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All
The Heritage Preservation Board responsibilities include:
- Compile and periodically update a list of potential historic resources and recommend that the City Council include identified structures and sites for designation on the City’s official Historic Resources Inventory.
- Review of planning and building permits, which propose to alter or demolish a structure listed on Larkspur's Historic Resources Inventory, or a structure identified as eligible for inclusion on the inventory.
- Provide recommendations to the Planning Commission and City Council that the reclassification of a zoning district be initiated to include the Combining Heritage Preservation District (H) designation on a specific property or groups of properties determined to have significant historic value.
- Raise awareness of the value and importance of historic preservation through a variety of programs and activities, including management and operation of the Historic Preservation Awards Program, Historic Walking Tours, and publication of their book Larkspur Past and Present: A History and Walking Guide.
- Review and provide a recommendation to the City Council on applications for Mills Act Contracts, which provide property tax relief in return for a commitment toward appropriate restoration/ rehabilitation of historic residential structures.
Larkspur Municipal Code Section 2.18 contains additional information about the Commission.MAIN HERITAGE PRESERVATION PAGE
- Planning Department, Neal Toft, Director of Planning & Building